Sunday, May 1, 2011

Papercraft Festival & A Wedding Card

The Papercraft Festival. Who knew? Thanks to one of my best mates Linda  - who has thrown herself into card making in a far more technical way and does a LOT more than just colour in! - yesterday was my first excursion to a 'craft' show. Lin came up from Canberra Friday night, and Saturday morning we were off to Canterbury Racecourse to spend far more money than we ever anticipated.

As usual I have thrown myself into this hobby with wild abandon - and simply have to have all the necessary tools and fun gadgets that go with it. This is very typical of me, I am the person that owns an indoor climbing harness and who then went twice.

Anyway, I bought stamps, ink, paper, dies, embossing folders.. and of course then stopped to show Lin my local crafty shops and bought even more there. But now I am equipped!

Below is my first card using my new stuff. This card has die cutting, embossing, and the colouring of a new CC Design stamp all courtesy of my visit to the Papercraft Fair. I even did my first layering of the image with the flowers.


Lin and I had a great weekend, spending Friday night watching the Royal Wedding, drinking champagne and talking card making. The wedding of Wills & Kate seems to have sparked a bunch of challenges so my little wedding card is entered into the following challenges:

Stamping Vacation Occasion Oasis Wedding Challenge
Fab n Funky Callenges Here Comes The Bride
Stampin for the Weekend Wedding Challenge

1 comment:

Berry said...

Lovey card Tracy I'm such a fan of CC designs! Thanks for playing at SFTW hugs Rebekah xx
PS I have blog candy at http://berryliciousblog.blogspot.com if you are interested!