Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Ruby's Rainbow - Recipe Challenge

I can't believe it's already time for another challenge at Ruby's Rainbow - time is just flying by so fast. It feels like an extra celebration is in order - for today is the last day of winter here in Australia! I do not like the cold, so I am always happy to see the end of the winter months.

The challenge this fortnight is a recipe. We want to see 3 designer papers, 2 buttons or brads, and one flower on your creations this time. Here is what I came up with for the challenge :


I am really disappointed with how this photo turned out. Completely my own fault, I photographed this card and didn't realise I had accidently left my camera set to a white balance setting that gives everything a lovely yellow hue. You can't see the lovely browns and greens on the gorgeous papers. As I had made this card for a friend, I then gave it to her for her birthday before I got the photo off the camera. Oh well, hopefully you get the idea anyway. Serves me right for not checking my camera before using it.

This card gave me a chance to use my very first flower die - Tim Holtz Tattered Florals. I think the one big flower makes a nice statement without overwhelming the card.

To see what the rest of the DT created and to enter your own creation, please head over to Ruby's Rainbow. I hope to see you there.

As always, thank you for your lovely comments and for visiting this little blog. I hope you have a fabulous week.

Also entered into the folllowing challenges:

Die Cuttin Divas - Fall Colours
Hooked on Craft Challenges - Things with Wings

x

15 comments:

Sylvia Blum said...

Hi Tracey! Even though you forgot to check your camera settings, everyone can see, this is an ADORABLE card! Love it! Great overall design and the butterfly is sooo pretty!
Sylvia xx

Susan Says (Stupid Stuff) said...

I think all of us in blogland know how to look at a picture of a card and adjust for camera oddities, and this one looks BEAUTIFUL!

Basslady said...

tracey, i love your creation with that awesome flower and butterfly and the lovely lace!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Ang C said...

A beautiful card and the yellow hue on the photo gives it a vintage feel

Ang

Crafty Lynz said...

Lovely card, I agree with Ang the yellow hue looks really good. x

Anonymous said...

Hi Tracey..

This is so pretty, love the colours an how you have layed this out.

Huggies Angel

shaz earl said...

A very pretty card Tracey, love the colours and that big flower is beautiful xx

Misty Olsen said...

LOVE IT!!!! I am so happy you joined us this week at DCD!!

Mistyrose
Die Cuttin Diva

Georgiana said...

Very pretty. Thank you for sharing at Die Cuttin' Divas this week.

Georgiana
Carson's Creations
Die Cuttin' Diva Design Team member

Mandy said...

This is such a pretty card. I love the design and the image also. Thanks for joining us at Hooked On Crafts Challenge.Had to become a follower,as my blog is craftyfoxcards, I have a rescued border Collie hence the pic and I love photography,thought I gone back to my own blog..lol
Mandy x

Cre8tiveVet said...

Your card is fabulous! I love the lace trim. Thanks for joining us at DCD. -Yvette
cre8tivegirls.blogspot.com

Creative Diva said...

THis is a very beautiful card. Love the butterfly. Thanks for joining as at DCD.

Hugs,
Patty
creativediva98.blogspot.com

Mandy said...

Hi Tracey,
I've just popped over to take a look a Loki,he's gorgeous,love the tan colour he has,jack is only black and white....And what a fabulous pic....Have a lovely weekend...
Mandy x

Amanda said...

This is a really beautiful card

Amanda

Lesley said...

Beautiful card Tracey, lovely vintage feel xx